Deputy Underwriting Manager
The Deputy Underwriting Manager is primarily responsible for providing leadership, support and guidance to the underwriting team. He/She has the responsibility to ensure the underwriting team complies with the goals, objectives and deadlines.
Interpret and implement guidelines for the underwriting team. The Deputy Underwriting Manager assesses risk posed by the clients by using various risk assessment for various individuals and groups. He/She is also in charge of coming up with policy packages that meet the needs of various clients, while still maintaining company profitability.
• At least a bachelor's degree in insurance, business administration, actuarial science, finance, business law or accounting
• Underwriting certificate is preferred.
• Minimum 5 -7 years of experience in insurance sector
• Strong technical knowledge
• Proficiency in analytical skills
• Attention to details
• Advanced relationship management ability
• Moderate English verbal & written communication skills
• Good exposure to Market
• Moderate negotiation skills
• Moderate team management ability
• Training and mentoring junior staff